Operational Permanent Controller
- Standard / Permanent
Are you interested to join a fast growing company to work as Operational Permanent Controller ?
We are looking for an OPC Officer to join Central Europe Technologies (CET).
- Provide support and methodology related to the operational framework for procedure management.
- Support the implementation of the BNP Paribas framework on operational risk and permanent control.
- Ensure the validated procedures are properly stored and communicated to the relevant stakeholders within the Company.
- Manage the internal inventory of procedures.
- Monitor whether the Company’s Departments and Functions have an updated control plan in place and the permanent controls are performed in accordance with the schedule.
- Define, plan and perform the controls related to Sourcing, Outsourcing, Fraud, Compliance and People and Property Security.
- Ensure the risks taxonomy, processes and organization cartographies are in place and contribute to their analysis and update.
- Ensure the follow-up of the implementation, within the due date, of self-identified action plans established by the 1st LoD related to failing controls, operational incidents and RCSA.
- Ensure the follow-up of the implementation, within the due date, of the permanent control actions and recommendations issued as a result of the 2nd LoD controls, internal and external audit missions, and authorities.
- Ensure the administration of the risk forms inventory and the appropriated follow-up.
- Contribute to the update or creation of reports managed locally or by the Group regarding operational risk and permanent control.
- Contribute to the organization of committees requested by the operational risk management framework (e.g. Internal Control Committee).
- Support the validation process of TAC/NAC (exceptional transactions, new products/activities/processes), and monitor the implementation of issued pre/post conditions.
- Ensure the employees’ and OPC network awareness on operational risk and permanent control.
- Contribute and assist on defining the appropriate trainings on operational risk and permanent control framework for the employees and OPC network.
Required academic level /professional experience:
- University degree on economics or legal;
- Professional experience in GRC between 1-3 years (Governance, Risk Management and Compliance), internal control processes and/or audit area (in financial institutions or big fours represents a plus).
Personal and technical skills:
- Resilience and flexibility to work in a dynamic and changing environment;
- Self-motivated person, wishing to acquire experience and build a career in a dynamic environment;
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to work across functional and international lines;
- Ability to be firm when needed and show flexibility when possible;
- Effective time management, planning and organizational skills;
- Attention to detail and very good analytical qualities;
- Team player mentality: ability and willingness to collaborate and support;
- Pragmatic, with a positive attitude as well as a great capacity of comprehension;
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information;
- Control and risk mindset;
- Critical thinking;
- Active listening;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint);
- Very good/advanced level of English.
Who are we?
We’re part of one of the largest banking groups in the world and we’re conducting its best IT projects!
Central Europe Technologies (CET) is an expertise Shared Service Center for BNP Paribas Group, subsidiaries serving 19 countries and we are continuously expanding.
Our offices are located in Romania, in Bucharest, Brasov and Cluj. The company brings together over 300 employees, with expertise in various technologies (Java, .Net, COBOL) and other operational roles (credit analysts, collection officers, System Expert administrators).
About our culture:
We are proud to create, maintain and develop strategic business applications for BNP Paribas Group entities around the world, while keeping a high level of service and providing added value to our customers..
Working in a multicultural environment, we encourage our people to develop their talents and skills, offering various career opportunities and internal mobility programs, within local CET teams or in other entities within the Group, both in Romania and abroad.
We value our employees’ experience by keeping a well-balanced environment with flexibility regarding the work schedule and care for everyone’s personal time. We embraced a hybrid way of working because we believe social connection always adds value to our day-to-day activities.
Diversity and inclusion are among our core values, as CET is an equal opportunity employer. Therefore, we are committed to ensure employment opportunities regardless of race, skin color, beliefs, religion, nationality, ethnic background, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or political opinions.