Linux System Engineer Technical Lead
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
If you are searching for opportunities to develop your career in the field of Corporate and Institutional Banking, challenges to boost your future career path, then BNP Paribas is the right place for you.
Joining BNP Paribas means joining a Group that’s constantly transforming itself in order to adapt to our changing society and to build the world of tomorrow.
Applying to work at BNP Paribas is not just about applying for a job, it’s about giving meaning to your work and passion and desire to go deep in the finance world! And to meet these challenges, we need skills and competencies at all levels.
What is the role?
BNP Paribas through its entity BP2I is looking to build a Level 2 IT Engineer team that will provide Level 2 Linux Operating System supporting BNP entities across Europe during business and non-business hours.
The Linux System Engineer Technical Lead will have the following responsibilities:
· Coach and mentor, a team of specialists on administering Linux Operating Systems.
· Recruit and onboard specialists in the team.
· Monitoring and management of the alarms, first level of intervention based on the instructions, checking the good function of the system for which you are responsible, changes in the production environments. Secure the quality of the services according to the Service Contracts signed by BP2I.
· Level 2 support: Management and resolution of L2 incidents, interventions and follow-up on incidents, enhancement of the incident reports and knowledge base.
· Write procedures, enhance existing incident reports.
· Identify recurrent incidents and open problem tickets.
· Client Relationship: communicate to the Client changes, incidents and provide summary about service quality, in agreement with the Service Contract.
· Stay in touch as individual and as a team to evolutions of the technologies in your perimeter, follow the functional and organizational changes, consider new procedures for handling your perimeter Work following ITIL methodology is part of the daily basis in all the areas.
· Follow up on team daily tasks, monitor backlog and assign tickets to the engineers.
· Support the recruitment process, hold interviews, and onboard newcomers.
· Install and configure tools and software related to Linux Operating System.
· Create or perform annotations to the installation manuals and procedures.
· Review existing procedures and suggest improvements.
· Perform functional tests of the components that have just been installed, based on written test cases that are present in existing procedures.
· Update and communicate all elements needed by the Technical Lead and support him / her in building the monitoring reports.
· Keep up to date the job descriptions, operating procedures and the documentation related to your day-to-day activities.
· Occasionally provide on-call support outside business hours and document these activities in the BP2I tools.
· We are looking for people with focus on enhancing her/his core skills sets, develop new ones, and share the knowledge with other colleagues.
We are looking for all levels of seniority if you are willing to learn and develop your competences as part as a large international group.
What qualities do we look for?
As a Linux System Engineer Technical Lead, we expect very good knowledge in the following areas:
· Previous Technical Lead position is nice to have
· Previous experience in Linux L2 is a must
· Linux RedHat Enterprise (Kernel, LVM)
· Veritas Cluster RedHat Satellite Server, GPFS Ansible, ELK
· Global infrastructure skills: Network, Storage, Virtualization (VMware mainly), Security.
· Very good communication skills in English (oral and written); knowledge of French is a plus.
General Skills we expect:
· Eager to learn Analytical mind-set
· Be able to write a clear report of your activities
· Understand and follow written instructions and procedures
· Be able to provide updates to existing documentation and procedures
· Very good communication skills and capacity to provide feedback
· Teamwork – we work together and not as individuals
· Adherence to the team schedule Capacity to maintain focus on given tasks
· Be proactive
· Respect the processes.
Why choose BNP Paribas?
· Progressive career development opportunities of a large multi-national bank
· Talent Development opportunities within BNP Paribas Group
· Employee culture that is focused on creating a great place to work
· Multinational business environment
· On-the-job training and networking opportunities.